Thursday 4 March 2010

I'm sure I forgot something...




I have had a small amount of breathing space in what has been my busiest period of work in, like, forever!

Never one to complain *cough* I thought I'd dust off the blog and actually stick something on it....

.... so here goes


Scholastic have (Bless them) been giving me a bunch of work over the last couple of years, and it's been the making of me really- I've found a style that not only works, but I enjoy, and they really like what I've been doing.

I started working with them after a stint banging out artwork for the long running Horrible Science Collection partworks. They sped me up, and I really enjoyed the discipline of working in someone else's style- it was liberating, especially after years of banging my head against the drawing board getting nowhere fast.

It gave me a steady income (which was nice) and got me used to a more comic/cartoon style.
Off the back of the magazine work I started working on a set of new book titles under the Horrible Science banner- the Handbooks, of which I have done 5 or 6 now I think, with another due for artworking this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment